Day 20

I finished my classifier experiment today. The only classifier I had left to test was the SNN (Self-Normalizing Neural Network). I had it narrowed down to two combinations of parameters, so I decided to run thirty trials on each of them and see which one performed better. I got to the lab early today, so I started running those and went to the morning meeting. At the meeting, we each described where we were in our projects and said how prepared we were for the presentation. My PowerPoint was about half done and I said I was just finishing my second experiment (the classifiers experiment). After I got back to the lab, the tests I was running crashed because the network connection was lost, so I had to restart them. That was a bummer. When I finally finished those tests, I added the results from the best parameters to my results table. After that, I began my next experiment, which should take less time than my previous experiments. It is to evaluate postprocessing methods. I already had most of the code for that set up, so I finished and started running it. For most of my time in the lab today, I was working on my PowerPoint presentation. I am pretty much done with the slides, but I still have to add the results from the postprocessing experiment and probably make some edits later. I collected the results the trials with no postprocessing and with the MRF (Markov Random Field) postprocessor, but the CRF postprocessor is taking a very long time, so I might not get those results until tomorrow.

Also, the following image is what my everyday work looks like. I was going to use this image in my presentation, but I did not find a good place to include it, so I will just show it here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5

Day 13

Day 7