Day 24

We began in the auditorium this morning to practice our presentations. Overall, it seems like everyone's presentations are pretty good. I gave mine third because I will going third on Thursday. I'm glad I am near the beginning of the schedule because I think it would be difficult for me to focus on the other presentations if I was yet to give mine. My presentation today seemed to go well. I was just over ten minutes (the amount of time each individual presentation is supposed to take before questions), and I only had to make a few minor corrections to my slides (such as adding an acknowledgement page). After all of the presentations were done, it was about 12:00, so Ryan and I ate lunch before going to the lab. I had not been able to run my feature extractor experiment overnight, so I started it when I got to the lab and it is still running now. Hopefully, it will continue to run and the results will be ready tomorrow. Since I already gave my practice presentation in the auditorium, I do not think I will add the feature extractor results to my presentation even if they are done tomorrow. It will be good to have that data in the kLab, but if I were to add the results to my presentation, I would have to take the part about preprocessors out due to the time constraint. Also, I have already practiced my presentation as it is, so I do not want to make huge changes right before Thursday. Today I also worked on the problem with CRF (Conditional Random Field, a postprocessor that had not been functioning properly in my tests). I made changes to the pipeline code to accommodate a new version of CRF created by a grad student. Now we are having a new problem after the changes, so we are still working on a good solution. We'll see how this turns out tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5

Day 13

Day 7